Pomegranate belongs to Punicaceae. It is sheepberry or small arbor. It originates from Iran and Afghanistan and now is widely cultivated in China. Based on the local situation of geographical position and climatic conditions, pomegranate have characteristics like high productive capacity and adequate quality. Thus, the steady supply of raw materials, high yield can be guaranteed. Price of our product is more competitive because f high yield and low cost.
he active ingredient extracted from Punica granatum L. Ellagic acid has antioxidant, anti-mutagen and anti-cancer properties. Studies have shown the anti-cancer activity on cancer cells of the breast, oesophagus, skin, colon, prostate and pancreas. More specifically, ellagic acid prevents the destruction of P53 gene by cancer cells. Ellagic acid can bind with cancer causing molecules, thereby making them inactive. In their studie The effects of dietary ellagic acid on rat hepatic and esophageal mucosal cytochromes P450 and phase II enzymes. Ahn D et al showed that ellagic acid causes a decrease in total hepatic mucosal cytochromes and an increase in some hepatic phase II enzyme activities, thereby enhancing the ability of the target tissues to detoxify the reactive intermediates. Ellagic acid showed also a chemoprotective effect against various chemically induced cancers. Ellagic acid has also been said to reduce heart disease, birth defects, liver problems, and to promote wound healing.
2. Active ingredient:Ellagic acid
Ellagic Acid: 40%, 50%, 90%, 95% (HPLC)
Polyphenols: 40%, (UV)
Punicalagins: 20%, 30%, 40%, (HPLC)
3. Botanical source:Punica granatum L
4. Part of the plant used:Rind
5. Biogenic origin: plant in central and southern China
6. CAS NO.: 476-66-4
7. Specification: 20%-90%
8. Molecular formula:C14H6O8
9. Molecular Weight:302.20
10. Appearance:Brownish grey powder or Brownish yellow powder
11. Test method:HPLC
12. Extract method: Grain alcohol / water
13. Solubility:Lightly Soluble in Ethanol and water.
Ellagic Acid, the active ingredient extracted from Punica granatum L., has the following functions:
1) Anti-cancer and anti-mutation. It has been proved to be an effective anti-carcinogen upon carcinoma of rectum and colon, esophageal carcinoma, liver cancer, lung cancer, carcinoma of tongue and skin.
2)Restrain to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and many kinds of microbe and virus.
3) Antioxidant, coagulant, descenting blood pressure and sedation.
4) Treat kinds of symptoms caused by high blood sugar, hypertension.
5) Resist to atherosclerosis and tumour.
6) Resist to antioxidance, senescence inhibition and skin whitening.
(1)Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is usually made into capsule to prevent cancer, lower blood pressure and resist oxidation.
(2)Applied in food field, it is usually used as food antioxidants.
(3)Applied in cosmetic field, it mainly used in whitening, dispeling spot, anti-wrinkle and delaying skin aging.
Packing: 1kg/bag,5kg/bag,or 25kg/Hardboard drum,or at your requirment.
1KG : Double pharma-grade polybag inside,sealed Aluminum foil bag outside;
5KG : Double pharma-grade polybag inside,Hardboard cartons outside;
25KG: Double pharma-grade polybag inside,Hardboard drum outside.
Drum size: 38CM*38CM*51CM/25kg , Drum Net Weight: 1.5KG
Carton size: According to the Qty.
Shipping: By TNT/DHL/EMS/FedEx or by Air/ Sea as per Qty.
Shelf Life: 24 months when properly stored.
Storage: Store in Cool and dry place,keep away from strong light,hight temperature.